HGM Associates has an immediate opening for a full time Architectural Designer
HGM provides a full array of Commercial Architectural, Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture Services to the Midlands since 1960. The Architecture Department provides a diverse commercial workload in facilities types such as Educational, Fire Stations, Police Stations, Banks, City Operated Maintenance Buildings.
* Gather design requirements for new or remodeled construction project from clients
* Prepare architectural drawings based on design requirements for review by client.
* Participate in coordination meetings with clients and project team
* Modify and update designs as needed
* Manage, support and help guide team members in developing projects from concept through Construction Documents
* Assist in providing project cost estimates and schedules for clients to review
* Research and select products for project
* Assist in writing technical specifications for each project
* Assist in preparing contract documents suitable for submission to approving governmental agencies and bidding contractors
* Coordinate the architectural drawings with all project engineering disciplines and their associated drawings
* Work directly with support staff in preparing drawings and specification documents
* Conduct periodic on-site visits during construction to monitor compliance with plans
* Candidate must have minimum 5 years work experience as an architectural designer. Licensed preferred, but not required.
* Experienced in commercial design and detailing.
* Experienced in writing and putting together technical specifications.
* Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD. Experience in Photoshop and/or CorelDRAW preferred
* Ability to provide direction and detail to team members
* Proficient in preparing presentation drawings and marketing materials
* Capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks
* Comfortable with public speaking and presenting to groups of people
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Highly organized and detailed orientated
* Self-starter—work under minimum supervision
* Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S. A.